Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
flagged for drug test, will i receive the other half of my enlistment bonus? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flagged for drug test, will i receive the other half of my enlistment bonus?

i've been in the national guard for 3 years and was supposed to receive the other half of my $20,000 bonus in january 2011, until i failed my drug test in april of 2010 and i was wondering if i will still receive the other half when my flag is lifted?

Re: flagged for drug test, will i receive the other half of my enlistment bonus?

Really? Condition of enlistment and bonus requires SATISFACTORY service. Failing a drug test is UNSATISFACTORY service. However it is up to your Commander and the State Incentives Manager.

Comment

Re: flagged for drug test, will i receive the other half of my enlistment bonus?

Originally posted by howard kempf View Post
      Really? Condition of enlistment and bonus requires SATISFACTORY service. Failing a drug test is UNSATISFACTORY service. However it is up to your Commander and the State Incentives Manager.
      +1. Don't expect to see the other half of that bonus unless your state is really FUBAR. Consider yourself lucky to only have been flagged. My commander & I would have pushed for seperation.

Comment

Gotta love how flexible the concept of "zero tolerance" actually is in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by 0844 View Post
          Gotta love how flexible the concept of "zero tolerance" actually is in practice.
          It's absurd. I had another LT tell me that "if it's only weed what's the big deal?" I was furious lol. What is going on in today's army?!

Comment

Just stay positive... hehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
              LOL I got a good chuckle out of that lol

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
                I'll admit, I snorted (but not anything that'd lead to me posting a similar thread in the future...).

Just have them send your bonus over to me, engineer. I'm still waiting on mine since Nevada's financial state is so fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by 21B1P View Post
                  i've been in the national guard for 3 years and was supposed to receive the other half of my $20,000 bonus in january 2011, until i failed my drug test in april of 2010 and i was wondering if i will still receive the other half when my flag is lifted?
                  Just out of curiousity--what was in your system that made you fail the test? Prescription drugs? Over the counter drugs? Bodybuilding supplements?

Comment

In short - if you want to ensure you recieve any bonus, benefit, or entitlement - DO NOT DO ILLEGAL DRUGS, unauthorized controlled substances, or any substance deemed off-limits by the military... If you are still lucky enough to be wearing the uniform then you should be happy with that. My command, for example, put out a zero tolerance for even first time offenders - and yes they are out. Perhaps this forum is not the place to try to find a touchy-feely-warm-and-fuzzy sensitivity on this subject.

If you want to find the actual answer to your question, then you need to approach your unit and command for the response that will apply to you.

Comment

/epic facepalm

Comment

Tell them you need the funds for resident drug rehab....perhaps they might consider it; Choke yourself Pyle!

Comment

Really, popping hot and soliders asking why I'm not recieving benefits? You have some growing up and maturity to get with if your an adult and still smoking pot. A lot of growing up to do. I wouldn't worry about the bonus you should not recieve, you should worry about when your going to....you guessed it, grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by 21B1P View Post
                            What did you spend the first half of your bonus on?

Comment

Personally, your concern should be to focus on your treatment than your bonus and to improve as a soldier. And if you lost your bonus due to your drug use; can you accept those consequences and move on?

Comment

Working...
                              X