Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

How to obtain retirement points record from prior enlistment

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to obtain retirement points record from prior enlistment

    I served a 4 year enlisted term in the SCNG in the late 90's. I have since then obtained a commission into the Army Reserve. I am 2 years out from obtaining a 20 year letter, but was checking the Army HR retirement site and noticed that none of my points from National Guard time is recorded. What is the best way to obtain this record of points from the Guard to be submitted for correction to the Army Reserve HRC?

  • #2
    Do you have copies of your RPAS statement? When I left the Guard to AD, I was missing points due to ADSW for Operation Noble Eagle doing AT/FP. Then it was updated on my NG portion on the Army HRC website. Here are some links.

    I received an e-mail to my AKO when I hit my 18 years of service giving me notice that I was 2 years out from my 20 but while on AD, then the 20 year letter no longer applies. My retirement for 20 will be on my adjusted BASD from all days served up to then.

    The first link is old. AYE has been replaced with RYE.
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; February 3rd, 2014, 06:31 PM.


    • #3
      What you need to do is get in contact with the SCNG Retirment Section and request a copy of your NGB Form 23B and give it to your Unit Administrator so they can update your Retirement Points. After doing so you should also request a copy of your AHRC-249 so you can verify that it was correctly added. If you need any help getting the contact information for the SCNG Retirement Section you can click on my username and send me a "private message" and I can send it to you.