X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retired looking to re enlist

I am currently 48 years old currently in the retired reserve retired in 2004 still have 12 years before I can collect my retirement pay wondering if it is possible to go back in a National Guard unit

Re: retired looking to re enlist

A recruiter should answer your question shortly but I found this .pdf interesting. Page 15 and 4-6 in the .pdf answers your question

http://www.arng.army.mil/soldierreso...Apr%202009.pdf

4-6. Recall and return to service
    a. Soldiers assigned to the Retired Reserve, but who are not yet eligible for payment of retired pay, are eligible for assignment to an active status in the Army Reserve or enlistment or appointment in the Army National Guard provided they were not removed from an active status
    for certain disqualifying reasons. They also are subject to retiree recall as a voluntary measure under limited conditions, or involuntarily subject to the needs of the Service.

b. Notification for recall to AD is by written correspondence. After two failures to report; a Retiree may be declared a deserter. It is essential that Retirees keep their contact information current with HRC-STL. This may be done on line at https://hrc.army.mil/portal, by simply going into
    My Record, select contact information and edit address, or call HRC-STL at 1-800-318-3298.
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; January 13th, 2013, 10:31 AM.

Comment

I apologize that this reponse is somewhat anecdotal. It IS possible to transition from a grey area retiree back to a ADT status, but it can be a challenging process. Before I left for school I was working a packet for a E-6 who reitred 7 or 8 years ago who wanted to come out of retirement and serve for another 8 years. He's still not in, but is continuing to make an attempt. I'll see what I can dig up on that.

Comment

This is a very interesting thread. I have considered reenlisting so that I may apply for WOC. I retired after 24 years and was wondering if it were possible to reenlist. I spoke to my state CSM, and he stated that he did not have a slot to put me in, so I am working with another state.

I'm curious to learn whether or not anybody has been successful in coming out of retirement and back into ADT?

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
        I apologize that this reponse is somewhat anecdotal. It IS possible to transition from a grey area retiree back to a ADT status, but it can be a challenging process. Before I left for school I was working a packet for a E-6 who reitred 7 or 8 years ago who wanted to come out of retirement and serve for another 8 years. He's still not in, but is continuing to make an attempt. I'll see what I can dig up on that.

Comment

Working...
        X