X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Guard Scholarship Questions

I am currently in college and am set to contract as an active duty officer once I graduate. I have a few questions though pertaining to the National Guard Scholarship. Although I am set to contract I still have to make the decision if I would rather do that over a scholarship. I know I can't get an Active Duty Scholarship so that is why I chose to contract active duty (non scholarship), but the more I think about it the more I would rather have my school paid for and not continue putting the strain on my family and myself especially when I have to pay back loans. I have a high chance of getting a National Guard scholarship just because so many people go for Active Duty. Is it possible for me to have a National Guard Scholarship and then after I graduate switch over to Active Duty? I'd really appreciate feedback on this. Thank you for everyones help.

The National Guard scholarship requires eight years of drilling in the Army National Guard after comissioning. After you complete that commitment, you are welcome to join the active component under whatever requirements they mandate at the time.
    Last edited by matthew.ritchie; December 29th, 2013, 06:43 PM.

Comment

I can confim LTC Ritchie's response. I have friends who went Guard, then tried to switch active and it didn't work out for them. If you want active, your best bet is to try from the beginning.

Comment

Working...
      X