Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ohio National Guard 100% tuition scholarship as easy as they make it sound?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Ohio National Guard 100% tuition scholarship as easy as they make it sound?

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
    I would not know but believe it would not until you have a certain amount of years that you have to serve in your contract that qualifies.
    Everything on the nationalguard.com website is so vague. There used to be a $10,000 accession bonus once you complete OCS, does that still exist?

Comment

Re: Is Ohio National Guard 100% tuition scholarship as easy as they make it sound?

Lets start from the beginning.

My question was as follows:

1.) Did anyone have experience with the OHIO national guard 100% tuition scholarship. http://www.ongsp.org/about_ongsp.html
      2.) Did anyone have experience with going into OCS instead of drill when they enlisted into the guard being prior service.

It is a scholarship as stated in the ONGSP... notice how it says scholarship not tuition assistance. When you sign a contract with prior service with the national guard you get 12 months of the montgomery GI Bill that you can use for education when you are not using your post 911 GI bill. Again i do not need to know how to do it.... i know how to apply for the freaking scholarship. I asked for someone who has used this particular benefit in OHIO to give me insight on if it was an easy thing to actually get and use.

So if anyone at all has a experience with the OHIO NATIONAL GUARD SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM and not the Colorado national guard or any other state national guard please respond and give me your insight on what it was like using the college benefits. Otherwise you have no reason to reply with anything.

Comment

Neither of you have any experience with the OHIO NATIONAL GUARD nor its scholarship program so why do you continue to respond. I did not ask for opinions nor what it is like in your state or that state. So if anyone has USED the ONGSP http://www.ongsp.org/about_ongsp.html please respond with your experience using it. If you have NOT used ONGSP please do not respond... at all

Comment

USMC, your comments are uncalled for. The reason that we responded because the process is very similar in other states as well. You NEVER BEEN in the GUARD (unlike us) so you can take our advice with a grain of salt. You basically asked if the recruiter you are talking to is BSing you. We responded that based on our experience of using state tuition; the information is not false. I used state TA in the 90s with a manual process and application and never had issues (Nor had a internet forum at my disposal to cry for assistance). Basic common sense from our responses should tell you that that information is fact. But if you need a OHIO Guardsman to qualm your fears than fine. It seems like you are trying to use/game the system as much to fulfill your goals.

So stop being lazy and instead of wasting time here, just give that number that Chaplain gave you. If you are working on your education and a veteran, start showing some professional courtesy towards your fellow veterans.

If you going to keep on being rude, a moderator may give you an infraction.

Good night and good luck.
          Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; July 16th, 2013, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Future Candidate, please refrain from public disrespect of Commissioned Officers and Warrant Officers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13A View Post
              Future Candidate, please refrain from public disrespect of Commissioned Officers and Warrant Officers.
              Its the internet....and he is a civilian.

Comment

Per Chap4Me, here is the info you need to contact and get your questions answered. Good Luck.

Ohio National Guard Scholarship Points of Contact
                Grants Administrator
                Ms. Toni Davis, (614) 336-7143
                toni.davis7@us.army.mil
                Grants Coordinator
                Ms. Angela Wallace
                angela.wallace3@us.army.mil

>>click<<

Comment

Working...
                X