X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Runnig Out and thinking about joining

Hi, this is my first time on this site but I have a few questions. I am a high school senior and I've been accepted into a few good colleges like BU and BC. However, the financial aspect is a major problem. I have to send the deposit in on May 1st. I want to go to college but I need a way to pay for it. My mother needs reassurance that I can help her pay the 15,000 dollars that is outstanding or I end up at a community college.

What do I have to do in order help pay for college? Can someone explain the different routes I need to take? Or am I too late in the process for signing up to help with the college fees.

Re: Time Runnig Out and thinking about joining

This is not my area of expertise, but I do not believe that this route will provide money by May 1st if that is what your looking for. There are paths like ROTC and GI Bills that can help pay for college, but to have a check in hand within the next week is highly unrealistic.

Now if your just looking for help with college fees over the next few years while you go to school, then there are a lot of options available that some on here are very knowledgable on. I'm just trying to help set expectations and clarify what your looking for.

Comment

Most States offer State Tuition Assistance in which you would be reimbursed for the tuition you pay. You would not be eligible for the GI Bill and GI Bill Kicker until completion of AIT.

A few options to consider, join now, take the fall semester off and knock out Basic & AIT. This way you can attend the Spring 2014 semester and have it paid for. The other option is to take some student loans and join after the fall or fall & spring semester. If you're fortunate, you can get the Student Loan Repayment Program incentive added into your contract.

Comment

Originally posted by jalves View Post
        Hi, this is my first time on this site but I have a few questions. I am a high school senior and I've been accepted into a few good colleges like BU and BC. However, the financial aspect is a major problem. I have to send the deposit in on May 1st. I want to go to college but I need a way to pay for it. My mother needs reassurance that I can help her pay the 15,000 dollars that is outstanding or I end up at a community college.

What do I have to do in order help pay for college? Can someone explain the different routes I need to take? Or am I too late in the process for signing up to help with the college fees.

Read this thread: ROTC/Simultaneous Membership Program

Comment

OP, just remember that commitment comes involved with military service. I know your motivation to serving is the tuition benefit but it comes with a great sacrifice. Remember that or you will find immediate dissatisfaction with the Guard.

Comment

Working...
          X