Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSP Type 3 Bonus Question.

Afternoon,

I joined the Guard on September 12, 2011. I initially signed up as 11C with an enlistment bonus of $6,000. I left for basic March 20th and successfully completed my OSUT by july 13th. When I returned I got everything squared away and turned in all of my packets to start getting my incentives going. Well it's a little over 5 months now and my MyPay is finally showing that my bonus will be arriving on 12/24/12. The issue I'm having is that I was told I am to receive 50% now then 25% at my 3 year and the rest on my 5th year, but instead of the $3,000 I was promised MyPay is only showing that I am too receive a measly $895. Why am I only receiving 28% of the 50% I was originally entitled to? Who would I have to talk to, to get this taken care of?

Lance Grant
    Last edited by LanceGrant; December 18th, 2012, 04:03 AM.

Re: NSP Type 3 Bonus Question.

Originally posted by LanceGrant View Post
    Afternoon,

I joined the Guard on September 12, 2011. I initially signed up as 11C with an enlistment bonus of $6,000. I left for basic March 20th and successfully completed my OSUT by july 13th. When I returned I got everything squared away and turned in all of my packets to start getting my incentives going. Well it's a little over 5 months now and my MyPay is finally showing that my bonus will be arriving on 12/24/12. The issue I'm having is that I was told I am to receive 50% now then 25% at my 3 year and the rest on my 5th year, but instead of the $3,000 I was promised MyPay is only showing that I am too receive a measly $850. Why am I only receiving 28% of the 50% I was originally entitled to? Who would I have to talk to, to get this taken care of?

Lance Grant
    Where exactly on your LES do you see 850? Also, read the bottom where they have a narrative and see if it says anything relevant.

Comment

I can tell you for sure that you aren't getting your total $6,000. Uncle Sam takes roughly 30%. And that's for each portion of the bonus. (Yes, I know it doesn't equate to you getting $850 now, but I thought I should throw that out there.)
      Last edited by SteveLord; December 18th, 2012, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Yeah I already figured I'd get roughly $4,000. I've copy+pasted a few things let me format it a bit:

PS TYPE 3 BONUS:1250.00
        TOTAL: 1250.00

FED INC TAX: 312.50
        STATE INC TAX:42.50

TOTAL: 355.00

Something still doesn't add up even if Uncle Sam decided to tax the initial $6,000 and then tax each individual payment. 30% of that would be $4,200 and $1,250 is not even remotely near 50% for the first installment. Something, somewhere went wrong and I'm not quite sure who to contact about this. If there is anything else you need me to provide, just let me know.
        Last edited by LanceGrant; December 18th, 2012, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X