Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about National Guard/Federal Benefits for a Masters Program after BOLC

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about National Guard/Federal Benefits for a Masters Program after BOLC

Hello All! I have a few questions regarding benefits and how to go about getting them. I am an ROTC grad who is about to attend BOLC. My First questions is if BOLC will allow me to access the new post 9/11 GI Bill because its 121 days long. Secondly, other than the GI Bill what other things are out there for assistance in attending a masters program. I'm not looking at extremely expensive programs. Honestly, I'm looking at programs off AMU (American Military University). However, every little bit helps. I greatly appreciate the assistance.

Very Respectfully,
    -Mark

Originally posted by newyorksoldier1 View Post
    Hello All! I have a few questions regarding benefits and how to go about getting them. I am an ROTC grad who is about to attend BOLC. My First questions is if BOLC will allow me to access the new post 9/11 GI Bill because its 121 days long. Secondly, other than the GI Bill what other things are out there for assistance in attending a masters program. I'm not looking at extremely expensive programs. Honestly, I'm looking at programs off AMU (American Military University). However, every little bit helps. I greatly appreciate the assistance.

Very Respectfully,
    -Mark
    No to the GI Bill question. Please identify your state.

Comment

Since Chief is smarter than any legal eagle, I am going to take an educated guess. New York?

Comment

• realitycheck
        realitycheck commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice. You get that one. Legal eagle 99 - Chief 1

Unless your state offers something, there are no Federal benefits that will help. You can't use TA until you have 10 Time in Service.

Comment

SSG, you forgot to add three zeroes to the 1

Comment

1. The post-9/11 GI Bill attaches after completion of federal service, and ADT (active duty for training) does not count.
          2. I recommend that you also consider universities that will carry more weight with your future employers.

Comment

Working...
          X