Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you apply for the National Guard Scholarship BEFORE you're accepted into a university?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you apply for the National Guard Scholarship BEFORE you're accepted into a university?

I recently enlisted in the Guard, and I'm shipping out to FLW on 20140219. I will be in OSUT through at least the 2nd week of July. The problem is, I want to utilize the OHARNG Scholarship this coming fall semester at my state's university, however the deadline for applications is July 1st. I have applied to said university but I am 99% sure that I won't hear back in the next 35ish days.

My question is, can I apply for the National Guard Scholarship program prior to being accepted, and prior to shipping out for IET? Needless to say I won't be able to take phone calls or fill out paperwork while at training. Thanks in advance.

This OHARNG Scholarship is a State specific incentive and only someone from the OHARNG should be able to answer it.

In New York I've assisted my Recruits with their applications while they're in training or they've leaned on a family member to complete the application in their absence.

Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
    X