X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding Post 9/11

I am currently in the process of getting medically discharged through the Guard from a service connected disability sustained while on active duty. Would this enable me to go from the 60% I am currently at, to the 100% GI bill? I was discharged from active when I finished my tour with a regular honorable, but am now getting the med through the guard.

Originally posted by someguy View Post
    I am currently in the process of getting medically discharged through the Guard from a service connected disability sustained while on active duty. Would this enable me to go from the 60% I am currently at, to the 100% GI bill? I was discharged from active when I finished my tour with a regular honorable, but am now getting the med through the guard.
    Yes.

Comment

Would I just give the va a new 22-1990 with my dd-214 and guard discharge? Sorry for what I feel like are obvious questions but when I called the va education line they had no idea what I was talking about

Comment

I have called the VA numerous times, asked multiple people from my old unit, and tried the vet center at my school. No one knows what the right way to approach this is. I'm not sure how I go about proving that my guard discharge was from active duty injuries.

Comment

Working...
        X