X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCS pay & Loan Repayment information

Hi I just graduated BCT and will be going to OCS pretty soon.

I was wondering if I will still receive E4 pay when I go to OCS, or will it be higher?

Also, I have college loans and I was told by my recruiter that I will be able to do loan reimbursement once I signed my OCS contract after I finished basic (before I go to OCS).

During basic I confirmed with my National Guard liason that I will be signing a new contract right before I go to OCS, but I just want more clarrification on it from people who have done it this way. I know most people sign up to get their loans reimbursed when they initially sign their first contract before going to BCT. This way I have a 3yr contract instead of a six year contract, but when I sign my OCS contract will the loan repayment program add years to my contract? Maybe I should just ask the recruiter haha.

Also if anyone has gone to Benning can you give me some info on how it is? Week 1: run a lot, ppl get booted. Week 2: Classes. Week 3: etc etc

Re: OCS pay & Loan Repayment information

Originally posted by Nicholas Clark View Post
    Hi I just graduated BCT and will be going to OCS pretty soon.

I was wondering if I will still receive E4 pay when I go to OCS, or will it be higher?
    Assuming you are going to Traditional or Accelerated OCS, you will be administratively promoted to E-6 right before you go to Phase I. You'll then continue to get paid as E-6 throughout OCS.

Also, I have college loans and I was told by my recruiter that I will be able to do loan reimbursement once I signed my OCS contract after I finished basic (before I go to OCS).
    I'm assuming you enlisted as a 09S Officer Candidate? If you did, and you did not secure the Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) in your contract upon initial enlistment, you will NOT get SLRP.

During basic I confirmed with my National Guard liason that I will be signing a new contract right before I go to OCS, but I just want more clarrification on it from people who have done it this way. I know most people sign up to get their loans reimbursed when they initially sign their first contract before going to BCT. This way I have a 3yr contract instead of a six year contract, but when I sign my OCS contract will the loan repayment program add years to my contract? Maybe I should just ask the recruiter haha.?
    This sounds fishy at best. You don't sign a new contract when you begin OCS, and I have never heard of this.

Again, if you don't get SLRP initially then you are SOL. Take it from someone who fought that fight, and you are inelligible to get it as an officer.

Comment

During basic I confirmed with my National Guard liason that I will be signing a new contract right before I go to OCS, but I just want more clarrification on it from people who have done it this way. I know most people sign up to get their loans reimbursed when they initially sign their first contract before going to BCT. This way I have a 3yr contract instead of a six year contract, but when I sign my OCS contract will the loan repayment program add years to my contract? Maybe I should just ask the recruiter haha.
      Your initial contract is your OCS contract. You signed up as a 09S, correct? If you didn't get SLRP then, you are SOL. There is no re-negotiation.... Other than BOLO'ing out of OCS.

Comment

Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post

Your initial contract is your OCS contract. You signed up as a 09S, correct? If you didn't get SLRP then, you are SOL. There is no re-negotiation.... Other than BOLO'ing out of OCS.
        Has this changed at all recently? My recruiter is telling me that recently they changed it and it doesn't need to be in your initial contract, so I'm confused.

Comment

Working...
        X