Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it one or the other or can I mix and match?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it one or the other or can I mix and match?

I have completed an AAS degree in criminal Justice with no debt and I transfer to a University to start my BS in mathematics teaching this fall. I will be taking out loans for at least 2-3 years to finish my BS and another year to complete my Masters in education degree. I would like to enlist in the summer of 2014 at age 26 but will only have $12-15,000 in loans. If I enlist after my 3rd year of college will I be able to recover my first year of loans and be able to tap the tuition assistance until I reach my limit? I talked to an online recruiter one on one and she wasn't sure if I could mix and match tuition reimbursement and tuition assistance or if I can only do one.

Re: Is it one or the other or can I mix and match?

Tom, I think you want to use both the student loan repayment program and tuition assistance? You are able to receive benefit through both, however SLRP (if you are eligible) requires some finesse to use.

Comment

Re: Is it one or the other or can I mix and match?

Keep in mind, incentives change month to month & year to year. Currently, SLRP is available if you score over a 50 on the ASVAB and to certain MOS's and locations.

My advice would be to speak with a Recruiter and find out what incentives you're eligible for now and if waiting until 2014 is really in your best interest.

Comment

Working...
      X