Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKO Learning - SSD 1

Hi all,

I would like to ask you for help regarding my further Army education -SSD 1. I cannot understand how you can access it!!!

I have just returned from my AIT and want to continue my education, but I cannot! I log into the AKO site. Then I go to "My education" --> ALMS. After this several options are available, I clicked "Current enrollments" and saw SSD 1 there. Clicking on it brings me to the page with the list of modules in this course. I wanted to start a module and clicked on it, instead I got several options among which there was no option like "Begin" or something, so I chose "Register for the course". Instead, this brings me to a page with some search which gives nothing, no matter what I search for. I don't understand, this page is SO STRANGELY built, I never saw a more complex and obscure website. Could anyone give me DETAILED step-by-step instructions how can I start my SSD 1 education? Many thanks!

Re: AKO Learning - SSD 1

ALMS is a pain. Basically try to follow this path: Click "Current Enrollments"> Scroll and find "Structured Self-Development Level 1"> Click "+" sign to expand > Click "Launch".

If you start getting hung up in a doloop, you're probably stuck where ALMS will only load the Letter of Instruction. In that case you'll need to scroll down and hit "Launch" on the one that looks something like this: Structured Self-Development - Level 1 (SSDI)_Module01.

Yes, the navigation is a pain.

Comment

WTF! I thought Marine Net was bad, this AKO stuff is horrible. I tried to enroll in SSD-X and can't seem to find a "register" button (even after a google search for instructions) Any help?

Comment

The ATHD (Army Training Help Desk) was invaluable to me and they can take you step by step over the phone. Give them a ring the number is under the ALMS logo in My Training.

Comment

Wow, AKO and ALMS is a real blast.
          For some reason, search isn't pulling up SSD-1 or SSD-2, only 3 and 4.
          I guess the first test is to see if you can actually figure out how to log in, find the course, register, and take the course.

Hopefully I am up to the task.

Bry

Comment

Working...
          X