X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Training

I don't understand exactly how the GI Bill-SR works with regards to flight training. It says 60% of the approved charges, but if I go to a 50K training course, it certainly wouldn't pay for 25K plus?! There must be a maximum amount that you can receive, but I can't find it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks

Re: Flight Training

Have you tried applying to flight school in the army? You'll get the same commercial instruments rating, except you get paid for it instead of paying FOR it. Not trying to sound mean, but the reality of the situation is even with that $50k course there is absolutely no way in hell you are going to get a job in aviation in the civilian sector.

Comment

Originally posted by ack202 View Post
      Have you tried applying to flight school in the army? You'll get the same commercial instruments rating, except you get paid for it instead of paying FOR it. Not trying to sound mean, but the reality of the situation is even with that $50k course there is absolutely no way in hell you are going to get a job in aviation in the civilian sector.
      I've heard it's bad. Anyone have any BLS stats on this?

Comment

I went to Marine Corps OCS a few years ago on an Air Contract (broke my ankle week 7) but I wouldn't stand a chance now a days with a 2.5 GPA. From what I understand, it is ultra competitive for ground slots, not to mention air. I actually have 450 flight hrs and a single engine commercial ticket, but I no longer have the means to pay for my training anymore. Believe me, I wish I could fly in the Army, but it is without a doubt more competitive than the commercial end.
        Originally posted by ack202 View Post

Comment

Working...
        X