X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• officership path advice, 1 year before college

I have 1 year and 5 months before I start a college program. Would it benefit me in any way to join the NG or reserves during this time? I plan on doing ROTC in college. Is there a way to guarantee that I will be able to start college in 1 year and 5 months and not be shipped out then if I join the NG or reserves? I want to get some experience being in the military beforehand.

Re: officership path advice, 1 year before college

Originally posted by haha54321 View Post
    Is there a way to guarantee that I will be able to start college in 1 year and 5 months and not be shipped out then if I join the NG or reserves?
    Short answer: Nope.

Long answer: When you enlist, you take an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America (and your state). The Soldier's Creed takes it a step further, promising to stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat. If you can't make this commitment right now, don't join yet. There's no shame in waiting until the right time. I enlisted as a PFC at 26 and commissioned as a 2LT at 30.

Comment

Working...
    X