X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ged plus program

So first off before i say anything i want to say i am talking to a recruiter, but i wont be meeting up with him till next week and i would like to see if anyone has any answers to these questions i have.

1. Does everyone get shipped to little rock for the classes? If so are all the expenses taken care of?
    2. Does the basic training start right after we get the ged or do we go back home before?
    3. Where is basic training held? My state(PA) or little rock?
    4. Do i get paid for any of this? If so, how much?
    5. I have a boyfriend of over a year, i still would like to get in touch with him / see him. Does everyone get deployed long missions?
    6. Am i able to still be enlisted and do short mission but live in my hometown and be in college?
    7. Can i use a cell phone at training?
    8. When do we get uniforms?
    9. How should i prepare for basic training?
    10. How to study for the entry test
    11. How long will i be away from home total?

any additional info you may have that i didn't mention is welcome.

Re: Ged plus program

Originally posted by alexiss0207 View Post
    So first off before i say anything i want to say i am talking to a recruiter, but i wont be meeting up with him till next week and i would like to see if anyone has any answers to these questions i have.

1. Does everyone get shipped to little rock for the classes? If so are all the expenses taken care of?
    2. Does the basic training start right after we get the ged or do we go back home before?
    3. Where is basic training held? My state(PA) or little rock?
    4. Do i get paid for any of this? If so, how much?
    5. I have a boyfriend of over a year, i still would like to get in touch with him / see him. Does everyone get deployed long missions?
    6. Am i able to still be enlisted and do short mission but live in my hometown and be in college?
    7. Can i use a cell phone at training?
    8. When do we get uniforms?
    9. How should i prepare for basic training?
    10. How to study for the entry test
    11. How long will i be away from home total?

any additional info you may have that i didn't mention is welcome.
    The GED Plus program is no longer available. Last class is going on right now. I recommend you contact your local recruiter.

Comment

Ive already contacted my recruiter, it is only open to the states who are still funded which my state is. So in that case i am still able to go.

Comment

I was also under the impression the program is done but your recruiter could be right. You are in a paid status. Basic is at an active post somewhere. Deployments do not take into consideration your collegiate staus. Try the program's Facebook page.

Comment

Originally posted by alexiss0207 View Post
          Ive already contacted my recruiter, it is only open to the states who are still funded which my state is. So in that case i am still able to go.
          The GED Plus Program was terminated. They are not longer taking anyone and their building is shutting down in April. No Matter what state your in.

Comment

Working...
          X