X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Tuition Assistance

How long does it usually take to see any of the Federal Tuition money after it is approved? I've heard anywhere from a couple weeks to almost 3 months? Has anyone seen ant of their money for this semester yet?

Thanks

Re: Federal Tuition Assistance

You don't see any of the money. It gets approved, you print out a form and take it to your college and that's pretty much it.

Comment

hmmm...how sure are you of that?

Comment

As long as it is approved before classes start you will be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by jc091393 View Post
          You don't see any of the money. It gets approved, you print out a form and take it to your college and that's pretty much it.
          In other words, your TA will get approved and the payments will be sent to your college Bursar account, much like any other financial aid you receive. If you've also taken out student loans, you will receive a check with the excess amount from that. Otherwise, everything is taken care of through your Bursar account.

Comment

100% sure. I used it for my Bachelors. You don't get any reimbursement either. If you have any other type of financial aid (not including the tuition portion of the Post 9/11), you may get that reimbursed, but not FTA.

Like stated above, if you're approved before the semester starts, you're good to go. Just let your school know you're using a third-party payment.

Comment

Working...
            X