X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMC to NG School Equivalency

Is there a reference I can look at to find equivalencies for USMC schools. Specifically I am looking at getting

Army Martial Arts? (USMC Black Belt)

WLC (USMC Squad Leaders Course)

071-SQIE (SUM) Basic Military Mountaineer Summer Course (USMC Summer Mountain Leaders Course/Assault Climbers Instructor Course)
    071-F1 (SUM) Assault Climber Course (USMC Summer Mountain Leaders Course/Assault Climber Instructor Course)

*Rappel Masters Course (USMC HRST Master/HRST Master Instructor's Course)
    *Fries/Spies Master Course (USMC HRST Master/HRST Master Instructor's Course)

*Probably not going to happen because I do not have Air Assault Course and I do not think I have anything that would be equivalent. I understand that AAS is a pre-requisite for the 2 mentioned.

Thank you!

Re: USMC to NG School Equivalency

Squad leader course? When I was in, it was NCO school. The Army does combatives and you have to certify for that.

Comment

They have NCO schools (Cpl, Sgt, etc. Course) but they also have Infantry Squad Leaders Course now too.

Comment

Originally posted by ajdeployed12 View Post
        They have NCO schools (Cpl, Sgt, etc. Course) but they also have Infantry Squad Leaders Course now too.
        I found this http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...42553238,d.aWM <----go to page 28

(j) The Sergeant Course and Infantry Squad Leader Courses (taught at Camp Pendleton only). NOTE: The Squad Leader Courses taught at Marine Corp Divisions do not meet PLDC POI equivalency requirements.
        I did PLDC and BNCOC Common Core nearly back-to-back when I was in the NG. At the BNCOC Common Core in-process (PLDC is a pre-requisite), a former Marine was able to enter the course with a DL certificate for the USMC NCO course. I was like "wow".

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...nversion-Table <--old thread

And you right about AAS. When I graduated from Air Assault School in 2005, I was immediately offered Spies and Fries and declined. I used to see the Soldiers connected by rope and dangling from a helicopter about 100 feet in the air, flying overhead. I kind of regretted my decision to decline. I been trying to get Pathfinder school ever since but the only way a WO can get a slot is if there are extra slots and money; which there is none now.
        Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; February 18th, 2013, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I had previously found the WLC reference you found (just added it to the list anyway) I was specifically looking for something in writing saying I could get credit for the others. Kinda sucks that AAS is a pre-req because I was a HRST Master Instructor (Rappel Master, Fastrope, Fries/Spies) for the Marine Corps. I appreciate the extra effort you took to look into this for me.

Comment

Working...
          X