X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minority and ROTC scholarships

General question. Of course, these scholarships are first and foremost based on merit (academics, character, loyalty, etc.), but I was just curious if there is preference for minorities? Are recruiters pushing for more minorities to join for a better representation of the US as a whole?

Re: minority and ROTC scholarships

Originally posted by haha54321 View Post
    General question. Of course, these scholarships are first and foremost based on merit (academics, character, loyalty, etc.), but I was just curious if there is preference for minorities? Are recruiters pushing for more minorities to join for a better representation of the US as a whole?
    I'm not aware of any explicit affirmative action policy within the US military's recruitment doctrine.

On an unrelated note, I sure as h3ll hope no such thing exists, or will ever exist.

Comment

Re: minority and ROTC scholarships

Originally posted by haha54321 View Post
      I think affirmative action has been at bay for quite some time. Also, there is a significant amount of minority representation in the military. Recruiters attempt to find qualified recruits.

I did get a scholarship for minorities back in the 80s but it was based on the income and grades. I had a high average in high school but came from very poor humblings. I blew that chance back then though since my initial grades in college were below par.

Comment

Working...
      X