X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEDNG scholarship

Hello, I was wondering if the DEDNG scholarship (http://www.nationalguard.com/benefit...d-scholarships) is competitive. Am I guaranteed the scholarship if I meet the basic requirements? I am trying to fund my masters program.

I just want to make sure I understand it correctly, is this how it works? -> join national guard->join ROTC->apply for scholarship->receive scholarship and attend school for 2 years->incur additional service and become officer.

Also, is joining ROTC and smp required for this scholarship or can i remain enlisted? There is a lot of competition at my school for 2 year rotc program, so I want to have a back up plan to help pay for my education should I not be able to get in.
    Last edited by haha54321; January 18th, 2013, 01:03 PM.

Re: DEDNG scholarship

It is competitive, and based on best qualified. In years past, we had more money than applicants (since many applicants attended state schools and only needed two-year awards), although that's not exactly the case at this time.

My recommendation is that you plot a Plan B (i.e., a plan to pay for college without the scholarship). Work with your recruiter on this. This plan may require you to skip a semester to attend Basic and AIT, since becoming (and staying) fully-qualified is a requirement of some of the educational and financial incentives.

DedARNG Scholarship recipients must become SMP cadets, that's part of the compliance requirements. For additional guidance, look at my signature block.

Comment

Working...
    X