X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student loan repayment

I am considering joining the guard with the 09S option and I was wondering if there are any education benefits that would help me pay my federal student loans off. Are these benefits only for enlisted? If there is a form I need in my contract can you give me the title? It seems my recruiter is new at this (since he asks other recruiters a lot of questions) or he is trying to get me to enlist instead. Thanks!
    Last edited by Orange; January 7th, 2013, 06:22 PM.

Re: Student loan repayment

Yes, the SLRP is available for O9S applicants, but there are a few stipulations. Check out the Benefits section here on the forums. I've made a sticky on all the incentives currently being offered. Here's the SLRP sticky that can answer your questions.

Comment

Thanks for the info RyCass! According to that post both myself and my loans seem to fit the criteria. Is this something I automatically qualify for or must a particular form be in my contract when I sign up? If so, do you know what it is? I want to sign my contract soon but would hate to leave such a large amount of money on the table. Thanks again!

Comment

No, it is not automatically put into your contract. You will need to have your recruiter draw up the appropriate addendum. Word of caution, be sure to do so BEFORE you enlist as you won't be able to "add it later" once you're officially enlisted.

Good luck!

Comment

OP, I've just completed all the updates for the SLRP sticky, effective 01Jan13. Please be sure to double check if any of the changes/updates affect you. Here's a direct link: SLRP Sticky

Comment

Working...
          X