X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Tuition Assistance

Can anyone tell me how i sign up for Tuition Assistance? After i register for class do i just go to Goarmy.ed? Any clarification would be great.

Re: Federal Tuition Assistance

Originally posted by rbm4 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how i sign up for Tuition Assistance? After i register for class do i just go to Goarmy.ed? Any clarification would be great.
    Basically yes, but if it is an LOI (I forget what the acronym means but you'll see a drop down list inside goarmyed) school you must actually register through GOARMYED and not the school. If it is non LOI...then register at the school, then ALSO register in GOARMYED for the funding.

Comment

You make a profile on goarmyed then in a few days you will register your classes, that you have registered for school.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
        You make a profile on goarmyed then in a few days you will register your classes, that you have registered for school.
        There are lots of echos around here lately.

Comment

Yes..........three pointer for the win!

Comment

After i register my school has a 7 day grace period or you will be dropped from class. So if i paid the tuition intell the Tuition Assisstance kicked in, Would i be remburised?

Comment

Originally posted by rbm4 View Post
              After i register my school has a 7 day grace period or you will be dropped from class. So if i paid the tuition intell the Tuition Assisstance kicked in, Would i be remburised?
              Yes, but it is a reimbursement made by the school, so talk to the bursar.

Comment

Create a helpdesk case on GoArmyEd or call them, they are always friendly and able to help with most anything (in my experience). I always register for classes first as they fill up quickly and then on GoArmyEd when all of the school's classes are loaded onto their website (which is usually about 60-90 days out from course start date). This year however, I had to pay out of pocket for some classes but I am set to get State Tuition Reimbursement back (check on that through your state channels as well there may be some money to assist you) also look into the MGIB for some extra $$$ in your pockets.

Comment

Are you only eligible after basic and AIT or can you get tuition assistance directly after you enlist?

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeGuard View Post
                    Are you only eligible after basic and AIT or can you get tuition assistance directly after you enlist?
                    only after you're MOS qualified can you receive any benefits (i.e. TA, any bonuses, add on schools, MGIB, etc)

C

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStarSoldier View Post
                      only after you're MOS qualified can you receive any benefits (i.e. TA, any bonuses, add on schools, MGIB, etc)

C
                      Depending on the state benefits, you may be eligible right after enlisting. To the poster asking... What state are you in?

Comment

Why do you have to wait 2 months before the start of class to request tution assistance? Isn't that cutting it close.

Comment

Working...
                        X