X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slrp

I've been in the guard for 3 years now. I've moved a lot recently and haven't received letters regarding my federal loans. Recently, they started calling me saying that I owe money. I logged in online and along with the outstanding interest (which I will pay off), my loans have been untouched. Does anyone have any guidance of what I need to do to get them to pay it? I've talked to my unit multiple times and no one is helping me out at all. I joined the guard to pay for school and so far, they have not been paying for it. The reason it has been so long since I checked my loans is because when I joined, my recruiter said I did not need to do anything further since my promissory notes were in my contract. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Re: Slrp

Originally posted by rdemint View Post
    I've been in the guard for 3 years now. I've moved a lot recently and haven't received letters regarding my federal loans. Recently, they started calling me saying that I owe money. I logged in online and along with the outstanding interest (which I will pay off), my loans have been untouched. Does anyone have any guidance of what I need to do to get them to pay it? I've talked to my unit multiple times and no one is helping me out at all. I joined the guard to pay for school and so far, they have not been paying for it. The reason it has been so long since I checked my loans is because when I joined, my recruiter said I did not need to do anything further since my promissory notes were in my contract. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    Every year 90 days out from your anniversay date your education office at your state should have contacted you regarding your SLRP. Essentially you need to fill out a DD Form 2475 for each loan and submit it or they will not pay anything. The fact that 3 years has based and nothing happens leads me to believe you may not have the SLRP benefit, but that is just an educated guess.

Comment

You should contact your state's Education Services Officer (ESO) right away. http://www.nationalguard.com/life/ed...ation-programs

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
        You should contact your state's Education Services Officer (ESO) right away. http://www.nationalguard.com/life/ed...ation-programs
        Yes... Excellent advice. Which is exactly what I just said.
        Last edited by ParalegalNCO1; October 12th, 2012, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
          Agreed. If you're looking for a reference on the SLRP requirements, there's sticky here on the Forums that outlines what your responsibility is: SLRP Keep in mind, too, that it is your responsibility to ensure your loans do not go into default. If they do, this can also be a reason your benefits are not going through properly.

Comment

Working...
          X