X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• montgomery gi bill

If you were released to go active duty, would you have to pay back your Montgomery Gi bill? If you have been using it to pay for your education so far?

Re: montgomery gi bill

NO, you wouldnt. At least im positive you wouldnt have to only if you were not getting the 2.00 gpa or you got a d or failing in the class

Comment

When I was NG, I used it, then went AD. Didn't have to pay it back and now earned the Post 9/11 GI Bill

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
        When I was NG, I used it, then went AD. Didn't have to pay it back and now earned the Post 9/11 GI Bill
        The OP needs to immediatly stop using it if he has a legitimate shot at going regular army, he/she is eating away at very valuable months of post 9/11 eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
          The OP needs to immediatly stop using it if he has a legitimate shot at going regular army, he/she is eating away at very valuable months of post 9/11 eligibility.
          Can you provide more clarification? Well, when I came on AD, Post 9/11 was not passed yet so my post can be inaccurate in the OP's regard.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
            Can you provide more clarification? Well, when I came on AD, Post 9/11 was not passed yet so my post can be inaccurate in the OP's regard.
            You only get 48 months of total VA benefits no matter how many GI Bill's you qualify for. 36 of one and 12 months of another is applicable. Each month he uses his 1606 or 1607 GI Bill, that is one less month he has of the future 9/11 bill he will qualify for...which is way more lucrative.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
              You only get 48 months of total VA benefits no matter how many GI Bill's you qualify for. 36 of one and 12 months of another is applicable. Each month he uses his 1606 or 1607 GI Bill, that is one less month he has of the future 9/11 bill he will qualify for...which is way more lucrative.
              Got it. Similar to my FTA issue in which I maxed out since I took a certificate program for CTC and now have to out of pocket my last two classes. Also, since I re-deployed, I had to do a divisional transfer back to UMUC Stateside versus UMUC Europe and now each class will now cost me 1500 dollars compared to 900 if I was still deployed. You win some and you lose some but 3000 dollars is still a reasonable investment for a master's degree.

Comment

Working...
              X