Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Can I get both the SLRP and GI bill during the same 6 year enlistment? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get both the SLRP and GI bill during the same 6 year enlistment?

Hi. I have a substantial amount of student loan debt (greater than any enlistment bonus) that would qualify under the Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP). I've heard that enlisting as an active duty soldier it would not be possible to get both the SLRP and the GI bill. However, I've heard rumors that enlisting with the guard I could qualify for both programs.

Can someone with some experience help with this topic help? My recruiter says yes, but I'm still not convinced that this is possible, and I would appreciate a second opinion.

Thanks!

Also note: I know that I won't qualify for the Federal Tuition assistance program seeing how I have too much education.

Re: Can I get both the SLRP and GI bill during the same 6 year enlistment?

Originally posted by DoorDoctor View Post
    Hi. I have a substantial amount of student loan debt (greater than any enlistment bonus) that would qualify under the Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP). I've heard that enlisting as an active duty soldier it would not be possible to get both the SLRP and the GI bill. However, I've heard rumors that enlisting with the guard I could qualify for both programs.

Can someone with some experience help with this topic help? My recruiter says yes, but I'm still not convinced that this is possible, and I would appreciate a second opinion.

Thanks!

Also note: I know that I won't qualify for the Federal Tuition assistance program seeing how I have too much education.
    There are multiple types of GI Bill...what would you be looking to do with the GI Bill...and what do you think you get from the GI Bill??

Comment

Re: Can I get both the SLRP and GI bill during the same 6 year enlistment?

Originally posted by DoorDoctor View Post

Thanks!

For certain, you cannot receive the Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve Kicker simultaneously with the Student Loan Repayment Program: MGIB-SR

Comment

Working...
      X