X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GED plus/bct question

i leave October 1st for the GED plus program and i already have 4 out of 5 GED tests done all i have left is the math, would i only have to take this last test? i have been trying to get a hold of my recruiter but he wont answer or call me back since i swore in its making me kind of worried.

also i am going to fort sill as a 13 delta does anyone have experience in this mos? ive been reading really mixed reviews on what the 13d is actually like, some say its boring others say its exiting. i was looking for something where i would be outside and physically demanding and this was the only combat mos that was open to me, all others were either full or i didn't qualify because of red/green color deficiency.

if anyone can help me out i appreciate it a lot

Re: GED plus/bct question

If you are so close to getting your GED, why did you opt for the GED Plus program? Is it the additional 15 college credits that you were trying to avoid? Either way, you'll have to complete the full GED Plus program, which includes taking all the required tests. In other words, expect to re-take those tests.

As far as 13D, I've no experience with this particular MOS to give you any personal insight. However, what I can tell you is that with every MOS, there are going to be some people that LOVE it and some who HATE it. Honestly, you make your own experience in the military; it's all about attitude. If in the end you want to change your MOS, try to go down to the recruiting office and speak to your recruiter as soon as you can. It's hard to re-class once you've completed your training.

Good luck!

Comment

okay thanks for your reply. its not a big deal if i have to take them over i was just curious, and i had no idea there was a GED plus program my friend in the national guard had a recruiter contact me because i told him i was really interested in joining, also where i am i have to pay for my GED once i pass all of my tests and its 50 dollars a test that's why i haven't went down to finish it yet.
      also thanks for your reply on my other thread i guess i should have just put them into one lol I am new around forums

Comment

No worries! Utilizing the GED Plus program is a wise way to go. Not only will you get to enlist, but you'll get PAID to get your GED. That's a lot better than shelling out $50 per test.

Good luck with your enlistment! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Hey i had a question about the GED PLUS PROGRAM also and my question is can i join with a 31 in the state of cali?

Comment

Originally posted by caliguardsmen94 View Post
            Hey i had a question about the GED PLUS PROGRAM also and my question is can i join with a 31 in the state of cali?
            You can enlist, in general, with an ASVAB score of 31. However, for California, you must have a score 50 or above to be eligible to enlist with a GED or under the GED Plus Program.

Talk to your local recruiter to verify any changes.

Comment

do anybody know how quick you can ship out for ged plus

Comment

Originally posted by mrwalls8088 View Post
                do anybody know how quick you can ship out for ged plus
                It depends on when the next class starts. Talk to your recruiter.

Comment

Working...
                X