Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to pay for classes, will I get money back?

Extenuating circumstances meant that I had to enroll at the last minute. The deadline to pay was the next day, so I paid in cash. I immediately requested ta for these classes. Someone from my unit told me that after the TA is approved, the school will be credited the money and cut me a check for the money I paid. Is this true or does the TA count only for "open fees" in my school account balance? Another q, I know that there isn't a set in stone answer for this one, but how long does it usually take you guys to get your TA approved?

Also, I was told that I couldn't get my NOBE because the system was still showing me as a trainee, when I graduated training 2 months ago. I gave my paperwork to my new unit to inprocess me. What can I do to get out of trainee status to get my NOBE for my GI bill?

Re: Had to pay for classes, will I get money back?

I was able to receive a refund from my school the one time I had a situation similar to yours. However, I don't think its possible anymore after the switch to goarmyed because they require a copy of the bill.

To answer your second question, my TA was usually approved within 30 days. On the other hand, payment to the school took nearly the entire semester.

Comment

If you signed up for the class before the start date and entered the class information in GOARMYED before the start date you have a valid reason for compnsation. I would initiate a work order thru GOARMYED. What the 2LT was talking about is when our state education office punched the button to fund the classes.

Comment

Originally posted by AIRBORNE View Post
        If you signed up for the class before the start date and entered the class information in GOARMYED before the start date you have a valid reason for compnsation. I would initiate a work order thru GOARMYED. What the 2LT was talking about is when our state education office punched the button to fund the classes.
        1. Stop opening up dinosaur threads.

2. Goarmyed has nothing to do with the refund he will receive from his SCHOOL. And, since this thread is so old, I'm sure that's exactly what has already happened.
        Last edited by ParalegalNCO1; October 22nd, 2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AIRBORNE View Post

First of all, I do want to welcome you to the Forums! As you can see, it's a pet peeve of our older members on here to have old threads pop up, but I want you to know that I encourage your participation none-the-less. It's good to have some fresh perspectives.

Also, I can see where getting verification from GOARMYED may help validate to a college's Bursar that the money will come. This is definitely a good tip for students to keep in mind. In my personal experience, I had to get verification from the NG so that I wouldn't default on my Bursar account as the funds were validated. But, this was before GOARMYED system, so I'm sure things have changed a bit. Ultimately, though, the final disbursement will be determined by the college.

Comment

It can't hurt to have a MSG on here with diverse knowledge base, but I have to agree that reviving old threads is irritating. (Just for clarity, the issues these questions stemmed from have in all likelyhood been actioned at some level...and while we often enjoy updates to old posts that have resolved for both good or ill, answering a question that someone asked months or years ago isn't particularly helpful.

Comment

Oh, and Para has a variety of pet peeves, I'm certain you'll be sure to notice.

Comment

File it on your taxes....

Comment

Working...
                X