Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

A LOT of confusion...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A LOT of confusion...

    Here is the story Gentlemen...

    About 1.5 months ago I was all set to go to MEPS get my physical and swear in...When I got down there it turns out I needed a moral waiver since I am an 09S candidate for something that happened Freshman year of college (Underage drinking). So I got the physical but went no further and did NOT swear in at that current time because I needed approval of the waiver to sign under 09S. Well here's the dilemma, Thinking the ENTIRE process would stop there until the waiver is approved I had low hope because I hear about Moral Waivers no longer being accepted, HOWEVER, I get a text a few weeks later from my recruiter saying that my SLRP had been approved and loans were in the process of being taken care of...is that good news or no news, meaning that is it a good chance my waiver WILL BE approved and its just taking awhile because that's how the army works, or does my SLRP being good to go not have any indication on how my waiver status is going...Sorry if that confusing, let me know if you need any clarification!

    Thanks in advance,

  • #2
    Re: A LOT of confusion...

    I'm afraid it's the second case. That you tentatively qualified for SLRP has no relationship to your moral waiver.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A LOT of confusion...

      Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
      I'm afraid it's the second case. That you tentatively qualified for SLRP has no relationship to your moral waiver.
      Agreed. The good news is, once your waiver DOES come through, this is one less thing to worry about. Be sure to stay in close contact with your recruiter. They may have a general idea on how long these types of waivers take in your state; although there is no time line for waivers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A LOT of confusion...

        I thought Moral Waivers were not being accepted at the time..or is that for AD?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A LOT of confusion...

          Originally posted by kwelker View Post
          I thought Moral Waivers were not being accepted at the time..or is that for AD?
          Yes, that is correct. This should have been stated in the beginning. Moral waivers are currently not authorized. However, in this case, I would be interested to hear what the OP's recruiter says since they are even attempting a waiver.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A LOT of confusion...

            So what should be my mentality here? Is he eventually going to try and get me to go enlisted? Or just kind of forget about me and hope i lose interest in joining? Hes went to bat for me a couple times already and i believe him to generally be an all around good guy whose went out of his way for me a few times
            . Any advice is good advice...for the record this is through the PA guard, one of the biggest in the country, if that makes any differences about my waiver status being accepted.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A LOT of confusion...

              Originally posted by Nodoz View Post
              So what should be my mentality here? Is he eventually going to try and get me to go enlisted? Or just kind of forget about me and hope i lose interest in joining? Hes went to bat for me a couple times already and i believe him to generally be an all around good guy whose went out of his way for me a few times
              . Any advice is good advice...for the record this is through the PA guard, one of the biggest in the country, if that makes any differences about my waiver status being accepted.
              If there wasn't a chance the waiver would be approved, it wouldn't have been submitted. In the event that it isn't approved at this time, Underage Drinking is a far cry from murder. That isn't something that is going to keep you out forever. Try to be patient, but persistent.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A LOT of confusion...

                Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                If there wasn't a chance the waiver would be approved, it wouldn't have been submitted. In the event that it isn't approved at this time, Underage Drinking is a far cry from murder. That isn't something that is going to keep you out forever. Try to be patient, but persistent.
                Exactly. Don't over worry yourself. Keep us posted!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A LOT of confusion...

                  Yes, good luck..and please keep us posted because I know of several others who are in your perdicament...Including myself :\

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X