Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joined the guard in va and want to go to school in PA.

I'm in the guard now and I'm going to school in PA I have SLRP and education benefits in my contract if I were to transfer to the PA Guard will my contract and benefits transfer as well?

Re: Joined the guard in va and want to go to school in PA.

Yes. What state are you in now?

Comment

if you are in VA, you will want to call the education assistance office at FT Pickett, and then you will want to find a unit in PA that will let you in, Just do a search on the site here to find a map of units near where you will be. I was in school in VA, and then came back to PA when I graduated, and it was a pretty painless process, short having to deal with CIF, but that is a pain no matter where you are. other than that, unless you have state TA in VA, you should be find to switch over. if you have state, talk to the education office there, as well as in PA and determine if you can transfer that obligation to the pa guard, and not have to pay it back.

Comment

Thanks alot for the input. When I signed up they did say I could be able to transfer to a different unit and still receive my incentives I would just have to go about it the right way. So It seems I'll just have to do what you said an get ahold of both sides for the educational side of things.

Comment

Foskey,

In order to retain your SLRP, you must be the primary slot holder in your new unit. You also have to be DMOSQ.

Otherwise, no problem.

Comment

Working...
          X