X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about what is available

Theres so many programs and assistance places out there, my unit hasnt been too helpful, so im working on it on my own at this point. But there are so many different things what should i choose? GI Bill, Montgomery or post 9/11? SMP, Yellow Ribbon, FTA, state education programs, guard scholarships...... I live in Pennsylvania, and I tried contacting the main education services office but still havent heard anything. If anyone can tell me what I'm eligible for, and how to use the benefits of being in the guard to my advantage that would be great.

Re: Questions about what is available

Originally posted by kenlovorn View Post
    Theres so many programs and assistance places out there, my unit hasnt been too helpful, so im working on it on my own at this point. But there are so many different things what should i choose? GI Bill, Montgomery or post 9/11? SMP, Yellow Ribbon, FTA, state education programs, guard scholarships...... I live in Pennsylvania, and I tried contacting the main education services office but still havent heard anything. If anyone can tell me what I'm eligible for, and how to use the benefits of being in the guard to my advantage that would be great.
    First choose what you want to do. Then choose which program makes the most sense to pay for it. Unless you have deployed or spent other active duty time somewhere, post 9/11 and yellow ribbon probably won't apply to you. I would suggest using the state and federal tuition assistance before using any go bill eligibility, or at least use them concurrently so you don't deplete the more lucrative benefits.

Comment

Working...
    X