X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in the National guard Education

Im the Mom of a Missouri Guard member who just returned from BCT and AIT, I feel like he was just dropped off at my door with no help of what next. I ask his recruitor office questions wait on a call back and when I call him back he doesnt remember what he was checking on.His original recruitor was moved. My son wants to take advantage of the TA. We do not know what schools qualify, he cannot go to a University and he would rather go to a hands on tech school and get a certificate. I am confused by the whole Assistance, Just what does he get, how do we do it and where? The boy needs a plan! Sorry if this has been answered I have been a continous reader of this forum since he grew interest.
    Thank you

Re: Lost in the National guard Education

Your state should have an Education office that can answer everything. Try 573-638-9637

What kind of tech school? I personally recommend avoiding them. Especially if the military is paying your education, take full advantage of that.

Most importantly, does he know where his unit is and when to report for his first drill? Someone out there is expecting him to show up soon.
    Last edited by SteveLord; March 10th, 2012, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Ma'am, you son will be able to get his information and fill out the appropriate documents once he starts drilling at his unit. He will be assigned a sponsor that will help get him inprocessed and a sergeant that will help him along with his goals.

The recruiter did his piece and now another person will be responsible for your son.

Comment

Thank you for answering, And thats great news! We wasnt told anything about a sponsor or a sargeant that will help him. We just know he reports to RSP in 2 weeks, His Unit at the end of April. The recruitor keeps saying he will be the one to help so we just felt like we was on our own, My son was wanting to start courses in the fall and wanted to get started. And we will stay away from tech schools he was wanting a earn a certificate on a trade at the jr college if possible.

Comment

Working...
        X