X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Governor Online School

I'm thinking about going to Western Governor online school and enroll one of their degree program. How is online school funded by the guard? What are the process? Can you please tell me the process and how was your experience? Thank you.

Re: Western Governor Online School

I believe it works the same way as a traditional. I asked this question to my state's education office and that was how I understood it. I just signed up for WGU myself and am in the enrollment process. Going for Bachelors in IT NDM. What are you signing up for?

If you want more info, I am sure WGU, your state education office or the VA can tell you.

Comment

The real question is why would you want to go to an online only school (with no classrooms anywhere) that has hardly any name recognition anywhere....just to say you have a degree?

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
        The real question is why would you want to go to an online only school (with no classrooms anywhere) that has hardly any name recognition anywhere....just to say you have a degree?
        Doesn't have any name recognition by you maybe.

It doesn't cost $20-$60k. Nationally and regionally accredited. Top military-friendly school 5th year in a row by Military Advanced Education. The degrees are completed at your own pace. Non for profit school. You complete at your skill, not just sitting around waiting for 4 years to go by.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
          Doesn't have any name recognition by you maybe.

It doesn't cost $20-$60k. Nationally and regionally accredited. Top military-friendly school 5th year in a row by Military Advanced Education. The degrees are completed at your own pace. Non for profit school. You complete at your skill, not just sitting around waiting for 4 years to go by.

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
          I already have associate degree from community college and I want to continue and pursue a BA degree in IT management. It's not just about 'just to say you have a degree' I'm married with kids work full time and I think online school is the best way to go for me since it fits my schedule. I agree with SteveLord, the cost saving plus WGU is non profit school with great review. I've been re-searching so many online schools and I think WGU have so many great programs and the cost is flat rate, complete at your skills that means you have to work your butt off and dedication.

There's a lot of benefits by going to online school like lower cost, choosing your study times, flex in completing assignments, balance with your jobs and classes, no sitting in the class room, no need to drive saves gas money, avoid bad weather condition and you retain more information.

Thanks for the info SteveLord, I called my state edu. and you're right it's the same process as traditional. Good luck with everything!

Comment

Well talking about online schools are now already on the rise.More people are preferring it. Benefits of online schools are many. You have flexibility to study and can manage your schedule to study. Online schools are perfect way to achieve higher education for those who are already working or are engaged elsewhere and cannot attend community colleges. You can check with an expert to get the best advice in this matter. Hope that helps!

Regards,
            ForestTrailAcademy.com
            http://www.foresttrailacademy.com

Comment

I just started my MBA through WGU Indiana. So far I really like it and do not miss the classroom at all. My mentor is incredibly helpful and the course work is challenging. There is no way I could afford to get my MBA though a traditional college, especially not with my job, FRG duties, and everything else going on.

Comment

I recommend Central Michigan University; it is nationaly accredited and among Michigan's top 10 schools. CMU is among Military Advanced Education magazine's Top Military-Friendly Colleges and Universities 2010-2011 for the fourth consecutive year and CMU made GI Jobs' 2012 Military-Friendly Schools List for the third year in a row

The National Association of Institutions for Military Education Services also offers the 2012 NAIMES Student Spotlight Award program. The purpose is to recognize excellent academic achievement in pursuit of civilian postsecondary education. Eligible participants are active duty personnel. The application period for the 2012 Award is April 16 – August 31, 2012.

CMU is located in 15 states and numerous military locations. CMU is extremely military friendly and offers accredited bachelors and master's degrees completely online (that is how I am completing mine). I am the founder of my local Student Veterans of America chapter and can get you more information if you are interested.

Online courses are offered in every state in the country as well as Canada and Mexico.

Besides having physical locations in Michigan, California, North Dakota, Kansas, Nebraska, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginaia, North Carolina, Georgia, Louisianna & Hawaii

CMU also offers locations at:

■CA: Camp Pendleton Center
                ■GA: Fort Gordon Center
                ■HI: Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam
                ■HI: Schofield Center, Schofield Education Center
                ■HI: Tripler Army Medical Center - Tripler
                ■KS: Fort Leavenworth Center
                ■KS: Fort Riley Center
                ■LA: Fort Polk Center
                ■MD: Aberdeen Proving Ground Center
                ■MD: Fort Meade Center
                ■MD: Joint Base Andrews