X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotc

Can you start ROTC in the spring? I'm wonderin bc I will be starting college a semester late bc of basic and ait. I won't be considered a sophomore or junior to contract until the spring of either semester

Re: Rotc

Yeah, talk to your Cadre about it.

Comment

There are additional complexities, because the ROTC program is rather inflexible. Since you shall have completed Basic and AIT, you only need to complete the last four semesters of ROTC's program of instruction (to include the summer program) in order to commission. I would recommend starting ROTC early, even for the classes which aren't formally required, in order to get integrated with your colleagues early.

Comment

I was wondering about the ROTC program. My recruiter tried to briefly explain it, and from what I understood, the program is 2 yrs long. I believe I am interested, although I only have 1 year left of undergrad, then want to go to grad school (but not at the same university I will graduate undergrad). How would the ROTC program then work? If it is possible at all to do the program with one year of undergrad, then 1 yr of grad (some where else). Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by cancan View Post
          I was wondering about the ROTC program. My recruiter tried to briefly explain it, and from what I understood, the program is 2 yrs long. I believe I am interested, although I only have 1 year left of undergrad, then want to go to grad school (but not at the same university I will graduate undergrad). How would the ROTC program then work? If it is possible at all to do the program with one year of undergrad, then 1 yr of grad (some where else). Thanks.
          The program is four years, although you can complete it in a minimum of two if you have completed either Basic and AIT, or ROTC's own six-week summer training event designed to catch up those who join the program late. While splitting your ROTC program between two different schools isn't illegal, it is fraught with peril. We can't help you much here, schedule an appointment with your ROTC cadre to discuss.

Comment

Working...
          X