Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOS Availability for Prior Service

Hello,

For prior service.... "Age – Must qualify for non-regular retired pay by age 60." I do fall into that, I served 5 years active in the USN from 90-95.
    I am currently 41.
    When looking at jobs on the jobs.nationalguard.com site the jobs still indicate, "Must be between the ages of 17 and 35".

Is that age requirement for non prior service or are there still some jobs in the Guard that have that 35 upper limit?
    Example: I was looking at 12B Combat Engineer.

Thanks.

While you meet the age requirement, keep in mind, you'd be required to attend Army Basic Training and AIT. As you've been out for some time, you may need to retake the ASVAB and definitely take & pass an Over 40 physical at MEPS.

Best of luck!

Comment

Thanks for the response and information! The only thing about Basic is being the "old man". :-) I am in better shape now than when I first went through Navy Basic. Running 35-40 miles a week and lifting regularly and recently added regular calisthenics. Looks like a good opportunity to further serve, further education/experience and sit it out for 15 years for another regular chunk of income during retirement. Do you see/hear of many over 40's in Basic Training and AIT? Thanks.

Comment

• rdorman
        rdorman commented
        Editing a comment
        Going to BCT as PS (from USN or USAF) was not cool. Get ready for Fox Co @ FT Jackson.

rdorman,
      How old were you when you did this?
      Thanks for the comment.

Comment

Working...
      X