X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Career help while in training!

Hi, first off I am new to the site. I am getting ready to leave for basic training and ait in march and I have some questions for my letter of expectation my work wants me to submit. If anyone can help me with what I am covered on under USERRA, I would greatly appreciate it.
    1. Can my work take away vacation days while I am in training the first 6 months? (I think the answer is no, but I want to make sure I am reading the law correctly)
    2. My work offers bonuses based off length of work 6months+. Can they reset my tenure length for me taking a leave of absence? This is also for vacation benefits.
    3. Do I have to continue working all the way until I leave and how long of a break can I take when I return from training to go back to work if I am gone 6 months?
    I also provided documentation of my dates and everything so I will be covered.

Did you read this website? http://www.dol.gov/elaws/vets/userra/mainmenu.asp

I would say not to #1. 2, I would think not and if you take days off before you leave, it probably will be personal days which will come out of your vacation. You will have to talk to your HR department about returning to work after training.
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; December 16th, 2013, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X