X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11b in HHC

my recruiter reserved a job for me its 11b but my unit is in a HHC what would my duties be?
    ive been told ill be basically a supply/admin guy by my active duty friends but idk if its true.
    if it helps ill be in D co. 1-69 INF out of long island NY........someone please help !!!
    my recruiter also said its a heavy weapons unit.....if that's true what does that mean??

You're pretty eager to get a response I see. From my experience as a 12B I can tell you that our HHC company mainly does administrative duties. Combat engineers doing paperwork and managing hand receipts. Not being combat engineers basically. HHC is probably not the ideal place for an 11B wanting the infantry duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Orelladanza View Post
      You're pretty eager to get a response I see. From my experience as a 12B I can tell you that our HHC company mainly does administrative duties. Combat engineers doing paperwork and managing hand receipts. Not being combat engineers basically. HHC is probably not the ideal place for an 11B wanting the infantry duty.
      well ill be D co. 1 battalion 69th inf its separate from the HHC 27th BCT......would I still be doing paperwork type crap ??

Comment

HHC does not equate to admin duties; especially if you do not know the in unit's MTOE or platoon you will be assigned to. I been in HHCs numerous times in my career and I was an tactical MP in one and brigade asset in another. I have seen cooks, CBERN teams, etc. As a 12B, when I was in an HHC, I was an instructor as an E4. You filling an open slot, so simply performed to the best of your abilities.

Comment

HHC doesn't mean that you are being subjected to a life of desk riding and paper pushing. HHC in an Infantry Battalion contains Battalion assets (Scout Platoon,81MM Mortars, Heavy weapons platoons, etc.) If you are an 11B going to HHC you will more likely than not be placed in an element that will directly support the “Line Companies”. On active duty, the Infantrymen in HHC that are in the Scout Platoons are some of the best trained Soldiers in the Battalion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lowerjumper View Post
            HHC doesn't mean that you are being subjected to a life of desk riding and paper pushing. HHC in an Infantry Battalion contains Battalion assets (Scout Platoon,81MM Mortars, Heavy weapons platoons, etc.) If you are an 11B going to HHC you will more likely than not be placed in an element that will directly support the “Line Companies”. On active duty, the Infantrymen in HHC that are in the Scout Platoons are some of the best trained Soldiers in the Battalion.
            I'm going to a heavy weapons company should be fun and exciting playing with the big toys, do you have any info about those type of units?

Comment

To be honest I don’t know a whole lot about how HHCs operate, I've been lucky enough to have been in a LRSC for my entire career so our unit structure is drastically different from that of a conventional Infantry Company. What I do know is that during deployments you will more than likely be pushed out to the line Companies in small elements with your .50s or MK19s, Javs, etc... to add some firepower to the line Companies. Being in HHC will give you a lot of options for advancement and further training/career development too (Scouts, Snipers, Mortars). The big thing though man is that you become an expert in your craft. Basic Training and AIT are just the beginning and the easiest parts of your career. Once you leave the schoolhouse you have to become a “student of the craft” and learn on your own to make yourself more combat effective. Infantry NCOs do their best to teach, train and mentor but that’s very hard to do when you only have 2 days a month and a few weeks in the summer. So take advantage of every training opportunity you can during BCT, AIT and when you get to your Company.

Comment

Working...
              X