Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Job and Disclosure of Guard Service (USERRA)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Job and Disclosure of Guard Service (USERRA)

So, I was recently offered a dream job. Great pay, benefits, and work that I really want to do. During the initial phone interview with HR I mentioned that I was an officer candidate and I don't know if she handed that information off to my future supervisors, however I didn't mention it again during my in-person interview.

I start on 03 September and have an OCS drill starting the afternoon of 13 September. I'm just wondering if I should explain that I have to basically take a half day one Friday per month for the next year right after I sign my employment agreement on this Monday (19 August), or if I should wait until my first day? Since they already offered me the job and I have signed the employment agreement I'm protected under USERRA, correct?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

OC Ross

Re: New Job and Disclosure of Guard Service (USERRA)

Originally posted by vinn.ross View Post
    So, I was recently offered a dream job. Great pay, benefits, and work that I really want to do. During the initial phone interview with HR I mentioned that I was an officer candidate and I don't know if she handed that information off to my future supervisors, however I didn't mention it again during my in-person interview.

I start on 03 September and have an OCS drill starting the afternoon of 13 September. I'm just wondering if I should explain that I have to basically take a half day one Friday per month for the next year right after I sign my employment agreement on this Monday (19 August), or if I should wait until my first day? Since they already offered me the job and I have signed the employment agreement I'm protected under USERRA, correct?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

OC Ross
    They cannot rescind the job offer based on this alone, you are protected. My personal opinoin is that a conversation like this is best handled face to face.

Comment

Working...
    X