Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you go AGR?

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
    Many of the posted AGR positions have already been earmarked for a particular soldier, unless it's an extremely hard to fill position.
    I've been offered multiple AGR jobs out of state where I knew no one. It was like that for a while, but with the abundance of applications for only 1 seat you would be surprised.

Comment

Why would you apply only to turn down the position? If I submit anything(especially out of state packets, which are a RPITA), I'm taking the first offer I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero259 View Post
        Why would you apply only to turn down the position? If I submit anything(especially out of state packets, which are a RPITA), I'm taking the first offer I get.
        With some recruitining positions you don't always know the city ahead of time. You can hire me but I am not going to BFE. I was hired for two legal NCO jobs, but I will only work in a JAG office. I will not be the legal NCO in a S1/G1/J1...no way.

Comment

What the difference?

Comment

What the difference?
            For the same reason life is miserable for a 27D E-5 and below when on active duty. They are assigned to a S-1 shop. When legal NCO's are assigned to 1 shops the 1 and the PSNCO can never comprehend that I do not work for them. I will not be typing their ARCOMs and picking up mail as I am not a 42A. Further more, when the PSNCO wants to "review my work" I tell them to pound sand because my work is confidential and they don't need to read it...my work goes through the SJA. When I need to talk to a commander, the PSNCO and S1 will say well use your chain of command, tell us and we will tell him. I will again tell them to pound sand as 27D's have direct lines to Battalion and lower commanders. When the PSNCO tells me that I have detail and need to be on gate guard I tell them to pound sand, I am not allowed to pull additional duties.

Basically it is a headache. This is the reason a good Brigade Judge Advocate if feasible with consolidate ALL legal folks into one office.

Comment

Lol, RC. I go through the same thing as 74D. I can only imagine now as an E-5 what they'll thrust me in. "SGT, we need an NCOIC for Remedial PT after drill on Sunday....You'll get a good NCOER"

Comment

Lol, RC. I go through the same thing as 74D. I can only imagine now as an E-5 what they'll thrust me in. "SGT, we need an NCOIC for Remedial PT after drill on Sunday....You'll get a good NCOER"
                It is not the same. While you may be the only 74D, and/or get tasked out there is nothing that prohibits that from happening.

I am prohibited from doing all those "extras". But a non lawyer cannot seem to grasp the concept.

Comment

Working...
                X