X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington National Guard 96th troop

Does anyone know if the 96th troop command has a LRS unit? I know that they typically are attached to C-troops now but wasn't able to find any details if they have one. Any knowledge would be welcome. thanks

Re: Washington National Guard 96th troop

Originally posted by jfofister13 View Post
    Does anyone know if the 96th troop command has a LRS unit? I know that they typically are attached to C-troops now but wasn't able to find any details if they have one. Any knowledge would be welcome. thanks
    Unfortunately, there are no LRS units in the Washington Army National Guard (WA ARNG). The closest LRS unit is in Alaska (AK ARNG)(1-129th R&S [LRS])
    Last edited by SF Hunter; August 15th, 2013, 06:17 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Thanks, do you know any in the midwest? IE Idaho, Wyoming etc? I'm ISTing out there soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jfofister13 View Post
        Thanks, do you know any in the midwest? IE Idaho, Wyoming etc? I'm ISTing out there soon.
        Nebraska ARNG has Company C , 1-134th (LRS) located at Beatrice, NE.

Comment

With the conversion to the RSTA format, what's the future looking like? I'm curious since I'm transferring to a Unit myself in Florida.

Comment

There are very few "actual" LRS units left in the ARNG. From what I hear some are being relabeled R&S units, instead of LRS. But, the units are trying desperately to hold onto the LRS designator, mostly for traditions sake and to set themselves apart.

Comment

I can certainly understand that, but why not have Big Army make a compromise between the two? Such as making RSTA Units Airborne and possibly more capable for the LRS Mission?

Comment

The LRS units that remain belong to the R&S squadrons which belongs to Battlefield Surveillance Brigades (BfSB), which are corps assets. While LRS detachments disappeared in favor of the RSTA Squadrons (1 per BCT), the number of LRS companies increased with the formation of BfSBs. I don't feel like doing the math but I think that the NG may have experienced a net gain in LRS slots, just consolidated into fewer locations.

Comment

Working...
                X