X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schools as a cadet??

I am currently a WOC and sitting as a Tactical Operations Officer in an AVN unit, which I became a member of a few weeks ago. I serve no active role and was unable to participate in AT because as a prior 11B I am not MOS'Q. Was told to expect to leave for WOCS/IERW "soon" but they have no dates and it looks like it could be a while.

Can I attend schools such as Pathfinder as a WOC?? The post my unit is on is holding AA and pathfinder next month and I would like to do it but keep hearing mixed reviews due to my status.

Any guidance is appreciated!

Re: Schools as a cadet??

Negativo while you are in Candidate status; even as a snowbird, at least on the active side. I figure it will still be the same in the Guard.

Comment

Originally posted by 11Bflyer View Post
      I am currently a WOC and sitting as a Tactical Operations Officer in an AVN unit, which I became a member of a few weeks ago. I serve no active role and was unable to participate in AT because as a prior 11B I am not MOS'Q. Was told to expect to leave for WOCS/IERW "soon" but they have no dates and it looks like it could be a while.

Can I attend schools such as Pathfinder as a WOC?? The post my unit is on is holding AA and pathfinder next month and I would like to do it but keep hearing mixed reviews due to my status.

Any guidance is appreciated!

Is it possible? Maybe. But usually Commands don't like to send someone to an ASI school if they are not even MOSQ'd. Why run the chance injury before the person is even MOSQ?

Comment

My company XO went to Sapper School as a cadet.

Comment

Originally posted by enceladus View Post
          My company XO went to Sapper School as a cadet.
          I guess the question comes down to who "owns" the slot for that ASI course. I believe ROTC does send some cadets to Sapper and CDQC on top of Airborne and Air Assault.

Comment

Working...
          X