X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68w asi's

Let me start out with a bit of background. I'm going to be 25 years old and I'm a career firefighter/EMT-B in Pennsylvania with 7 years experience. I am interested in joining the guard as a 68w but am wondering what Asi's would be available in the guard. I keep fining information on the practical nursing but not much on the civil affairs medical sgt or flight medics. Any information would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

Re: 68w asi's

Cozgo, the variables here are as various as they are unique to the individual. The "good" news is that Pennsylvania has a robust National Guard which likely has a variety of opportunities. I can appreciate that you want to jump in feet first, but your career path can develop as you do. 68W is a large MOS with a large range of opportunities from both clinical and tactical settings. Considering your interest in EMS, it can be an easy segway. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you for your insight on it. I would rather stay in the tactical setting but I know you get put where your put.. One question to add, is there a way for a whiskey to become a NREMT-P or does it stop at basic. I know that when restructure was done in the nation registry there was talk of making paramedic or at least advanced EMT the standard for 68w but again, I get led to practical nursing.

Comment

The M6 ASI is probably the "biggest" one you can get which really is a LPN. The course is over a year in length that inlcudes the school and the pratical portion.

Comment

Working...
        X