Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the DLAB and DLI.

Hello,
    Currently I'm enlisted in the New York Army National Guard with the MOS 35F and I ship to BCT in September. I was doing some research about the DLI and I heard that if it's not in your contract then you wont get it, is that true? If not then how would one go about requesting to take the DLAB and hopefully getting into the DLI? I think that since my BCT and AIT dates are already set it will be almost impossible but I may wrong. Also, will my MOS hinder me from getting in? I ask because I know that learning a second language isn't an absolute must for my MOS and I might get overlooked for someone who actually needs a second language for their MOS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
    Kyle.

Re: Question about the DLAB and DLI.

Taking the DLAB is as simple as getting scheduled for it at MEPS as it was in my case.

Go ask your recruiter.

Comment

If your MOS doesn't require you to have a language or have a strong use for a language, you're not going to DLI. Ie, if you're not MI, you're not going. There's probably some exceptions but that's a good general rule.

Comment

Since you are going to Huachuca, they offer the DLAB there during your AIT and encourage little hooahs to take it.... So, just wait til then.

Comment

Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post
          Since you are going to Huachuca, they offer the DLAB there during your AIT and encourage little hooahs to take it.... So, just wait til then.
          This^^^ I was able to take the DLAB while at Huachuca for BOLC.

You may not get the chance to go to DLI immediately, unless your slot is coded for a language. However, your DLAB score will be good forever so you may get the chance to go to DLI in the future, which is pretty likely since you'll be in the MI field.

Comment

Working...
          X