X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Path To Going Airborne: Help?

I grew up in a military family at Fort Bragg, NC. Ever since then, I knew I wanted to do Airborne. Since my father's retirement, we moved to MS were I joined the Guard. I chose the Guard so that I could complete college while still be able to serve.

Currently, I'm a 13D heading to BCT on 05/21. I'm slated to start ROTC at college as soon as I return in September. I know that after completing ROTC, you're given a choice to go Active or remain in the Guard (This is what I've been told & found; if incorrect please explain.). I also know about the "wish list" deal in choosing your preferred branch (My top two are Infantry & Military Police), but that there's no real guarantee. My question is how can I go about getting into an Airborne Unit after commissioning? Would it be beneficial to attend specialized schools (Airborne, Pathfinder, Air Assault, etc.) as soon as possible? I was basically told to be competitive in PT & the classroom and ROTC should allow me to attend a specialized school.

I know it isn't going to be easy, but this is what I want to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Path To Going Airborne: Help?

If you are contracted in ROTC you will get chances to go Airborne and Air Assault......but they are not going to send SLUGS. Your P.T. scores are a big factor on them sending you during the summer between classes.

Comment

Working...
    X