Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have my first AGR Board coming up on Friday (4/5)

I am a SPC in the natoinal guard right now, I've been in the Army since 2001 and I was with the 101st Airborne Division for my first 3 years in, as well a deployment to Iraq with them. I have been a 92Y for all of my time in Service. The AGR job is for a 92Y Supply NCO position with an MP company. The board uniform is ACU's and I am trying to study up and make sure I have a good idea of what to expect going into the board. I'm excited, but also very nervous about the whole thing. Any advice I could get would be very helpful! Thanks!

Re: I have my first AGR Board coming up on Friday (4/5)

Have you ever been to a Soldier of the Month board? How long you have been an E-4?

Air Assault.

Comment

I have not been to one of those boards before, no.

I've been a SPC since July of 2003 (promotred in Iraq). I left Active in 2004. Unfortunalty, as the phrase goes "someone either has to die or retire to get promoted". I have learned that that is true for Supply in the Guard.

Comment

Originally posted by APannos36 View Post
        I have not been to one of those boards before, no.

I've been a SPC since July of 2003 (promotred in Iraq). I left Active in 2004. Unfortunalty, as the phrase goes "someone either has to die or retire to get promoted". I have learned that that is true for Supply in the Guard.
        I do not think it will be as formal as in the video. But just be prepared to talk about your experiences in the military (give them a bio based on your assignments), and your MOS and what have you done. Also, tell them why you are the best person to be selected.

Comment

Just be yourself and expect to explain what you are bringing to the table.

Comment

Working...
          X