X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Guard IST...please help!

I did a re classing with the unit i am in now but what happens if you cant find a job to the state your transferred to and you want to move back to your original state? also How many Interstate Transfers in the National Guard are you allowed to do? Please serious replies!

Re: National Guard IST...please help!

Sounds like you'll need to discuss your options with your new unit and the unit you'd like to go back to. I'm not familiar with any set amount of transfers you can do, so perhaps someone else can chime in on this part.

Comment

Thank you RyCass for your reply i truly appreciate it but i can't seem to find someone to give me answers :/

Comment

There's no formal limit, although as a practical matter you will incur other problems as a result of all the moving around. You've probably lost some drill dates in the shuffle, which may imperil your qualification for a "good year" for retirement purposes. You likely have lost consideration for promotions and schools as well.

The IST process depends a great deal on the Soldier's proactive drive. It's your career, so it can't be any more important to anyone else than it is to you.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post

The IST process depends a great deal on the Soldier's proactive drive. It's your career, so it can't be any more important to anyone else than it is to you.
          Spot on advice. When you say you can't find anyone to answer your question, are you saying you can't get in touch with your old unit? This would be the first place I would start. IST can depend greatly on being released from your "old" unit and being accepted in your new unit.

Comment

@ rycass thing is i did a reclassing with the new unit i am in now but i am having personal issues which requires me to move back to my old unit just wanted to know if there was a limit, i will start my IST transfer soon hopefully i can find a unit thank you for your response

Comment

Working...
            X