Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's not the falling that I'm scared of, it's the landing. (Airborne School)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not the falling that I'm scared of, it's the landing. (Airborne School)

Alright, so there are probably similar forums related to airborne school, but mine is a bit different and I have yet to find
    a question similar to mine. I am slightly afraid of heights, not enough to where I can't work through it, but the fear is still there. I've been rock climbing and have participated in obstacle courses that were 40 ft. off the ground, and I did get scared, but I accomplished the goal. I'm not so much afraid of the whole 'jumping out of the airplane' thing as I am the 'sticking the landing' part. That and I'll certainly have to learn to trust my equipment. Anyhow, I'm determined to work through it and reach my goal of joining an airborne unit, but does anyone have similar experiences or have any advice to share? If you could explain a bit about PLF's that would be great. That might sound strange, but that's the part that worries me the most. Thanks in advance! Any answers are most definitely appreciated!

Re: It's not the falling that I'm scared of, it's the landing. (Airborne School)

Originally posted by RollTideRoll View Post
    Alright, so there are probably similar forums related to airborne school, but mine is a bit different and I have yet to find
    a question similar to mine. I am slightly afraid of heights, not enough to where I can't work through it, but the fear is still there. I've been rock climbing and have participated in obstacle courses that were 40 ft. off the ground, and I did get scared, but I accomplished the goal. I'm not so much afraid of the whole 'jumping out of the airplane' thing as I am the 'sticking the landing' part. That and I'll certainly have to learn to trust my equipment. Anyhow, I'm determined to work through it and reach my goal of joining an airborne unit, but does anyone have similar experiences or have any advice to share? If you could explain a bit about PLF's that would be great. That might sound strange, but that's the part that worries me the most. Thanks in advance! Any answers are most definitely appreciated!
    Just focus on keeping your feet and knees together. Honestly, Airborne school is easy. Your time, right now, is better spent working on PT and pull-ups than worrying about PLFs. Landings suck, but they will teach you everything you need to know at the schoolhouse.

To answer your question, the goal of your PLF is to keep your feet and knees together and hit all 5 points of contact - at least that was the case when I went through ABN school (I'm not in jump status, so it's been a while).

Comment

Working...
    X