X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• military hvac

i am a senior in high school and i am thinking about joining the military. i have a brother at westpoint so i would rather join the air force as a hvac technician i have an osha 10 hour card, a mvac epa 609 certification as well as a hvac 608 universal certification and have a year of experience as a junior mechanic in a new residential department of a hvac company. i was wondering what this would do for me in the way of training most of the technical schools like ATI only give out the 608 certification which i already have so if that is the goal of the training would i have to go throught the entire course? also when i got out would i have to be a mechanic right away or would i be a helper for a year or two?

Re: military hvac

Well, I am not an HVAC anything so I cannot speak directly of how your skill set translates to military skills. What I can tell you is that you will learn everything you need to know for your MOS during AIT. I'm not certain on exceptions, but in general, you can expect to complete AIT from start to finish regardless if it is review or not.

If there are exceptions, hopefully someone will chime in on their experience.

Comment

Re: military hvac

Originally posted by welsh View Post
      i am a senior in high school and i am thinking about joining the military. i have a brother at westpoint so i would rather join the air force as a hvac technician i have an osha 10 hour card, a mvac epa 609 certification as well as a hvac 608 universal certification and have a year of experience as a junior mechanic in a new residential department of a hvac company. i was wondering what this would do for me in the way of training most of the technical schools like ATI only give out the 608 certification which i already have so if that is the goal of the training would i have to go throught the entire course? also when i got out would i have to be a mechanic right away or would i be a helper for a year or two?
      Might want to ask your questions on Air Force site then.

Comment

Working...
      X