Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guard sniper

Non prior Military experience with what will be a 4 year degree
    Excellent shape

Being a sniper in the guard, what's the process? Can a sniper be airborn or trained airborn?

Thank you

Re: Guard sniper

Originally posted by Airborn View Post
    Excellent shape

Being a sniper in the guard, what's the process? Can a sniper be airborn or trained airborn?

Thank you
    A sniper can be both "airborn" (born in the air?) and trained "airborn" (shoot from the sky?).

Why don't you focus on being a soldier first and then worry about trying to play Call of Duty in real life?

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
      A sniper can be both "airborn" (born in the air?) and trained "airborn" (shoot from the sky?).

Why don't you focus on being a soldier first and then worry about trying to play Call of Duty in real life?

Dont act like I'm dumb by saying shooting in the air. You know what I mean. Snipers have been known to drop in on a spot lol

Comment

Its Airborne..

Comment

How about you use great seach tool that is the internet to find the answer to your question. Heck, in the upper right hand corner of the wab page you will see a search bar, use this feature to search specifically on this forum. This topic and ones just like it have been discussed to death on this forum. In fact, I know that I have described in detail where a scout/sniper platoon is located within an infantry battalion and I have also described the general path to becoming a member of said platoon and getting a shot at a sniper billet (ASI coded B4 position, type that into google).

Comment

Originally posted by Explosive Hazard View Post
            How about you use great seach tool that is the internet to find the answer to your question. Heck, in the upper right hand corner of the wab page you will see a search bar, use this feature to search specifically on this forum. This topic and ones just like it have been discussed to death on this forum. In fact, I know that I have described in detail where a scout/sniper platoon is located within an infantry battalion and I have also described the general path to becoming a member of said platoon and getting a shot at a sniper billet (ASI coded B4 position, type that into google).
            It might be helpful to include a link to that thread so that we can combine the two?

Comment

Who wants to be a sniper?

Shoot I want to roll with the Heavy Infantry Brigade.

Once you see the big guns.....artillery crew members working in unison, along with the strykers.... up armored HMMVs with a rocket launcher, soldiers working crew served weapons such as the MK 19 automatic grenade launcher, squads moving in tactical formations with the 240 or 249b....mortars and missile systems.........

In RSP they let us field strip a M4...I thought cool. Then they took us out to watch crew-members train on a tow-behind 88mm Howitzer.....My first inclination was jealousy.....when they told us it was effective up to 8 miles....I was like "cool," I could handle that.......

Just giving you a hard time....if you think crawling through the forest is awesome that's your bizz......just be aware that the real thing may not be as novel as your mind's eye......not to discourage you....if being a sniper is what you want you must go for it and never doubt yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Airborn View Post
                Excellent shape

Thank you
                The requirements for Sniper School are:

Students must be of Combat Arms MOS in the rank of PV2 and above; however, only MOS 11B and 18-series MOS will be awarded the B4 Additional Skill Identifier (ASI) upon graduation; as per DA PAM 611-21, CH 12, page 911, Table 12-2.
                Must have a good performance record with no history of alcohol or drug abuse.
                Must not be hearing impaired.
                Must be a volunteer and be recommended by their commander.
                Must be in excellent physical condition; able to obtain a 70 percent or better in each event of the APFT for their age group.
                Must have corrected vision to 20/20.
                Must have a GT score of 100 or higher; non-waiverable.
                Must not have a record of disciplinary action.
                Must qualify expert with the M4 within six (6) months of course attendance.
                Must pass psychological evaluation (MMPI/CPI) conducted under the direction of a qualified psychologist.
                Must have one (1) year retainability from course end date; non-waiverable.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
                  It might be helpful to include a link to that thread so that we can combine the two?
                  The other threads that I've made a detailed description were created by other posters and sometimes under different titles. Usually something involving special schools and such. Very often when someone creates another special schools thread there typcially ends up being a question in regards to Sniper School. I don't want to link the thread because I want the OP to do his own leg work.

Comment

Originally posted by Explosive Hazard View Post
                    The other threads that I've made a detailed description were created by other posters and sometimes under different titles. Usually something involving special schools and such. Very often when someone creates another special schools thread there typcially ends up being a question in regards to Sniper School. I don't want to link the thread because I want the OP to do his own leg work.
                    RyCass means that if you provide us the link, we can either close or merge the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
                      RyCass means that if you provide us the link, we can either close or merge the thread.
                      Gladly. Link.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
                        Yup! This was my intent.

Polo, I read over the link you provided and actually found the double post of this thread a bit more informative, so OP please check this out as well.

One thing to realize, though, is that this information is over a year old. SF Hunter's post is much more up to date.
                        Last edited by RyCass; December 10th, 2012, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X