Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Is there a 35 series MOS that doesn't ride a desk on deployment? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a 35 series MOS that doesn't ride a desk on deployment?

I am considering joining the national guard and I was wondering whether the 35M MOS would be the best fit for my scenario.

My civilian career goals include working in intelligence analysis in the Washington D.C. area. As a civilian I feel like I can handle eight hours a day five days a week in a SCIF. However, I think I would go insane if I was locked behind a desk 16 hours per day 7 days per week on deployment. I understand that the nature of their work probably shouldn't be discussed online so I just want to know which MOS has would make the best qualified candidate for civilian intelligence analysis jobs and would also give me a chance to get out from behind a desk. I hear 35F is off the table in that regard. Would 35N be a 16 hour day desk job? What about 35M?

Also, I don't know if rank influences the work but I have a bachelor's degree and I would be going in as an E-4. I am also interested in additional training such as airborne etc if that is possible. Thanks for your help!

Re: Is there a 35 series MOS that doesn't ride a desk on deployment?

I'm sorry no one has answered your question yet. I'm not particularly familiar with the 35 series outside of the BN S2. If you are interested I would be happy to forward your contact information to a Army Intelligence Officer friend of mine who contracts to DIA and has deployed in previous years as a 35 series. PM at your leisure.

Comment

Working...
    X