X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadets in Airborne

To the moderators: Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Are ROTC cadets allowed to attend Airborne schooling before they graduate? This could help with Ranger opportunities as Airborne is a prerequisite.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Cadets in Airborne

Yes, during the summer as long as it doesn't conflict with LDAC and your school has a slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Reagan View Post

Are ROTC cadets allowed to attend Airborne schooling before they graduate? This could help with Ranger opportunities as Airborne is a prerequisite.

Thanks in advance!
      Airborne school is not a prerequisite to ranger school. It is only a prerequisite to be assigned to a ranger battalion (who has member that didn't go to ranger school).

The guard does not have any ranger units.

Comment

Additionally, airborne or any other hooah school is ROTC BN select dependant. Meaning, the "slots" are competative based on WHO the local ROTC staff feels is deserving to send. The number can be significantly variable.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
          Airborne school is not a prerequisite to ranger school. It is only a prerequisite to be assigned to a ranger battalion (who has member that didn't go to ranger school).

The guard does not have any ranger units.
          I thought I heard that there were jumps in Ranger school though?

And while there are not Ranger units, one is still allowed to become ranger certified correct? I could see how much of the training could be very valuable

Comment

I thought I heard that there were jumps in Ranger school though?

And while there are not Ranger units, one is still allowed to become ranger certified correct? I could see how much of the training could be very valuable
            There are jumps in ranger school, but that isn't a requirement. There will be "leg" rangers there.

And yes, the hardest part to get there in the guard though will be the lack of your unit wanting to pay for you to go.

Comment

Thanks in advance!
              First, cadets are allowed to attend Airborne School. In fact, many do. What "Ranger opportunities" are you speaking of? If you commission and you are assigned to an airborne unit, you will attend Airborne School after BOLC. If you branch infantry on Active Duty, you will most likely have an opportunity to attend Ranger School.

Comment

Working...
              X